Equip RS S9 is a culotte for men. The garment offers adequate adjustability throughout the training. The combination of textiles and technology helps keep the garment in place.
The shorts offers a comfortable wrap of the legs with compression support. Its fabric provides great durability and is perceived as a second skin. Other elements offered by the garment are the improved elasticity combined with a stretch that offers constant support. In your body, you will perceive that the garment fits smoothly by not having hems. Aerodynamic designs with three-dimensional design with low weight.
The cycling clothing has viscoelastic foam to reduce additional weight and generates the necessary support on each route. To help the passage of air, the Assos brand includes a textile design that increases air flow. Both sides of the bib shorts have no seams, which offer freedom of movement and three-dimensional adjustment. It includes reflective bands around the thighs for better visibility in low light conditions.
S9 marks the future of race-tuned comfort, built on an entirely new platform that’s been re-engineered from the ground up. With years of testing and feedback from riders at the highest level of the sport, we continue to see the most advanced insert technology being only as good as the framework that supports it. Consider the hard cornering, in-to-out-of-saddle pedaling, and hours of body repositioning that greatly impact your shorts and the way its insert functions, and ultimately the comfort both are able to provide.
To address these points, we employed A-Lock Engineering, our new bracing system comprising proprietary textiles and technologies working together to stabilize the shorts and secure the insert in place. The S9 generation incorporates just two panels, with a primary “butterfly” panel fully wrapping the legs and converging in the rear to form our new ergoBox structure. This design effectively frames the insert in place and provides you with an ultra-comfortable wrap on your legs using our Type.441 textile, developed specifically for compressive hold and silky comfort. From here we added our unique rollBar, which mimics a race car’s anti-sway bar by using the bib straps to stabilize the insert as your weight transfers from left to right while cornering. Each strap is sewn into the seam directly above the insert, ensuring it’s under pre-loaded tension at all times.
The bib straps have also been redesigned using calibrated stretch throughout, with the rear section using a single section of elastic material—folded over on itself—forming an A-frame in the back. It delivers limited vertical stretch in order to add further stability. In the front, the straps are made of a more flexible material, with an antibacterial carbon weave, to wick moisture and lay flat.
We also focused on a single insert platform—evolved from our proven Equipe Evo—giving us the freedom to reassess what is most crucial to a streamlined, race-spec insert. We reduced the overall footprint to shed additional weight, employed superAir microShock foam with 3D waffle, incorporated our kraterCooler system to increase airflow up front, and took additional measures to anchor the insert at the rear with our patented horizontal stabilizer. The result? Signature ASSOS comfort, stabilized.
The Swiss company that lays claim to creating the lycra cycling short, has also long been considered the benchmark for black bib shorts. And from our testing, the relatively new S9-series continues that legacy with unbeatable comfort.
Frankly, these are the most comfortable shorts I have ever worn.
Amazingly comfortable and the pair you’d want for all-day rides, impressive and unique details which make a noticeable difference, a design that’s a sum of all parts.
– S9 racingFit system comprising new textiles and technologies working in harmony to stabilize the shorts and secure the insert in place.
– The primary textile panel fully wrapping the lower back and legs, coming together in the rear. Fewer seams leads to a more uniform hold, less weight, and greater comfort.
– A patented 40-guage warp knit, developed specifically for compressive hold and silky comfort. 200g/m2, UPF 50+, moisture wicking (idroFil fastDry), iceColor, odorControl, and extremely durable.
– A patented bracing design that mimics a race car’s anti-sway bar by using the bib straps to stabilize the insert and lock it in place as your weight transfers from left to right while cornering.
– A square pattern construction that effectively frames the insert in the back, boxing it in for added stability.
– A single section of elastic material—folded over on itself—forming a supportive A-frame that delivers limited vertical stretch in the rear. Above the “X” junction, a more flexible material is employed, incorporating an antibacterial carbon weave, to wick moisture and lay flat in the front.
– A raw-cut, tape-reinforced edge for the smoothest transition possible between the body and fabric panel. More comfort with less pressure.
Ultralight Leg Grippers:
– A light silicon treatment woven into the leg bands, which reduces fabric bulk and secures the shorts in place without any excessive pressure.
30% Seam Reduction:
– Flatter seams throughout, with fewer overall, translates to more comfort and lower overall weight (180g).
Mod.Dep S9 Basalt:
– Antibacterial microfiber booster top sheet in 3D basalt colorway. Pays homage to the lava stone that gives us strength, stability, and courage.
SuperAir microShock foam:
– A lightweight open cell foam with a shock absorbing composition that returns to its original position, filling the gap every time pedaling position is changed in the saddle through the shift of weight.
– A patented, three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight.
Surface Reduction Design:
– Insert footprint reduced from previous Equipe Evo pattern to shed extra grams.
– A patented technology that interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels, allowing a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area.
– A patented central stitch that secures the rear of the insert to the outer textile, eliminating shifting while pedaling out of the saddle.
– System of small holes in the front of the insert that increases airflow so that your sensitive areas are kept cooler.